The congress will take place in Florence, 2-5 December 2020 in the same venue, Fortezza da Basso.
All engagements with the organizing secretariat related to this congress are automatically shifted to the new congress dates.
1. Is my registration fee valid for the new dates in December?
Yes, all registrations to the congress, as well as oral and poster presentations are automatically moved to the new dates.
2. My registration was managed by a sponsor or agency, what should I do?
From our side your registration is still valid.
Please get in touch with your sponsor or agency to arrange your participation in December.
3. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the congress in December, can I be reimbursed?
Yes, refunds (less € 25,00 for taxes and administrative expenses) will be granted to those delegates unable to attend.
Please login in to your personal area and fill in the cancellation form. You will be able to cancel your registration due to the Congress Postponement depending from the COVID-19 outbreak within 14 April.
4. I have already sent by email my cancellation request, should I resend it through the online form on the congress website?
If you already received the reimbursement of your registration fee, or an email stating that we are working on it, you will automatically be reimbursed.
5. I cancelled my registration but I will be able to attend on the new dates, what should I do?
If you already received the reimbursement of your registration fee, please make a new registration.
If you didn’t receive the reimbursement or an email standing that we are working on it we will not continue your cancellation process and your registration will remain valid for the new dates.
6. What should I do with my travel and hotel booking?
- If your travel and/or hotel booking were arranged by our Organizing Secretariat we will reschedule for free all your bookings. The Organizing secretariat will get in touch with you within a few weeks to verify your new arrival and departure dates.
- If you managed your travel and hotel arrangements personally, please get in touch with the airline/train company and hotel explaining them the situation. You should be able to reschedule for free your bookings.
You can find in your personal area on the congress website an official letter from the congress that states the new dates. The COVID-19 is the reason for these dates moving and should be accepted as good reason by all suppliers. Please download this letter and hand it together with your dates moving request.
- If you booked travel and hotel through a travel agency you must refer to the agency directly. Please download the official letter from the congress that states the new dates. The COVID-19 is the reason for these dates moving and should be accepted as good reason by all suppliers. Please download this letter and hand it together with your dates moving request.
7. Hotel, airline company or travel agency did not accept to reschedule or reimburse my booking for free, will the congress reimburse me?
Neither the ISGE, nor the Organizing Secretariat can be responsible for financial engagements taken by third parties. The social instability and travel limitations caused by COVID-19 outbreak are good reasons for the Organizing Secretariat to move the congress to future dates in order to guarantee the wellbeing and safety of all delegates, staff and suppliers involved in this event.
8. The new congress dates are December 2-5 2020, will my VISA be still valid in those dates?
Please check on your VISA the validity dates, unfortunately you may have to apply for a new VISA.
Please download from your personal page the new invitation letter as well as the Postponement Letter.
9. I won a congress scholarship, has anything changed for me?
No, everything is confirmed.
If you won a FCP scholarship we will contact you shortly to confirm your arrival and departure dates.
If you won a FCR scholarship your free registration is moved to the new dates.
10. I have a presentation scheduled during the congress, what will happen with it?
The scientific program will not be subject to major changings .
11. Can I change my abstract before the new congress dates?
Guidelines on this will be available shortly
12. I had an abstract accepted but it was cancelled when I cancelled or I didn’t finalize my registration, but I would like to come on the new dates, should I submit my abstract again?
Please check the congress website in the abstract submission page after 15 March 2020